European University Institute – University of Pittsburgh School of Law
Deontic and modal logic: Part 2 (Nino Rotolo and Giovanni Sartor)
Themes covered in this session:
- Paradoxes of deontic logic
- Moral Dilemmas
- Rights, Claims, Privileges, Immunities, Powers, and Liberties
- Slides: Advanced Deontic Logic (link)
- Sinnott-Armstrong, W. (1996). Moral dilemmas and rights. In Mason, H., editor, Moral dilemmas and moral theory. Oxford University Press (link).
- Sinnott-Armstrong, W. (1985). A solution to Forrester’s paradox of gentle murder. Journal of Philosophy, 82:162–68 (link).
- Forrester, J. W. (1984). Gentle murderer, or the adverbial samaritan. The Journal of Philosophy, 81:193–7. (link)